What Is broken Link?
A broken link is a web-page that can’t be found or accessed by a user, for numerous reasons. internet servers can usually come back with an error or 404 messages once a user tries to access a broken link. Broken links are usually called dead links.
Examples of a broken link
Here are some examples of error codes that a web server may present for a broken link:
- 404 Page Not Found
- 400 Bad Request
- Bad host
What Are The Reasons Behind The Broken Links?
- The website owner entered the wrong address (misspelled, mistyped, etc.).
- The address structure of your web site recently modified (permalinks) while not a part and it’s inflicting a 404 error.
- The external web site is not any longer offered, is offline, or has been deleted.
- Links to content (PDF, Google Doc, video, etc.) that has been moved or deleted.
- Firewall or geolocation restriction doesn’t enable outside access.
Why Broken Links Bad For Your Website?
Broken links may affect your Google Search results, however, they won’t impact your overall SEO directly. Google’s Search Quality Rating Guidelines also use broken links to determine the quality of a site. here are some more bad effect on your site.
- Causes bad user experience
- It affects your website reputation and revenue
- Your SEO efforts gets diluted
For any site, traffic is one of the major components of having a good page ranking on search engines that is why you must
ensure that all broken links on your websites are cleared as this can help increase traffic on your site.
It is important to update your website, especially when using external links because your partner website won’t
always tell you if they have made any changes or move the link to another location. There is also the possibility of
external servers being brought down temporarily or permanently as well as domains could be expired or sold. These are
some things that you cannot control, but you can make the precautionary action by checking your website regularly
with this broken link checker.
You have to do is to write the URL in the field then click on the “Check”. In a matter of seconds, you
will get the results.
How To Find Broken Links?
- Broken link checker WordPress plugin
- Web-based tool
- SEO tool (Ahrefs)
- Chrome extension
- Desktop software (Screaming Frog)
Broken Link Checker WordPress Plugin
- Scan links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields.
- Find links that broken, missing images, and redirects.
- It can Notify you via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts.
- Stops search engines from following broken links.
- You can search and filter broken links by URL and anchor text.
- Links can be edit directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
Some of the features
- It will Check your websites and blogs for dead links
- Can scan an unlimited number of web-pages*
- Validates both internal and external URLs
- Show the location of problematic links in your HTML
- Reports error codes (404) for all bad URLs
- Runs on Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Android, and iOS
Have look at Broken Link Checker
SEO Tool For Broken Link
Broken Link Checker is the trem umbrella for a set of tools and reports inside Ahrefs’ Site Explorer.
this Broken Link Checker tool helps you to create a stronger backlink profile by “fix the web.” you broken inbound and outbound links on relevant websites and turn them into your quality backlinks.
You won’t need a pile of plugins, browser extensions, and web services for your broken link building campaigns any more.
Backup by the largest database of live backlinks, AhrefsBot has a tremendous crawling speed. It is the best tool to get information about broken backlinks. Ahrefs update their backlink data every 15 minutes to make sure you always get up-to-the-minute broken link data.
Finding strong backlink opportunities is easy with this tool.
If you are using this broken link checker will save you the trouble, and you will be able to keep the credibility of your website.
This broken link finder tool will quickly locate any broken links on your site. This way you can correct any errors
immediately. It doesn’t require you to be an SEO expert to use this tool because it is very user-friendly.
Anybody can use it unlimited times, and it comes to you for free!
Chrome Extension For Broken Links
Check My Links is a link checker tool for your website that crawls through your page and looks for broken links. It is an extension developed primarily for web designers, developers and content editors. When you’re editing a web page that has lots of links, wouldn’t it be handy to be able to quickly check that all the links on the page are working ok? That’s where ‘Check My Links’ comes in.
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a website crawler and reads your whole website. It allows you to crawl websites’ URLs and fetch key elements to analyse onsite SEO and broken links of your website. You can also bulk export all the errors and source URLs to fix it.